Sunday, December 5, 2010

Still working

Well, we are making progress on the stairs.  The walls are completely done (2 coats paint, 1-2 coats of primer), the ceiling is completely done (2 coats of primer, 1 coat of paint), the new lights are in up and down.  The upstairs doors have 2 coats of primer and a coat of paint.  The downstairs ones have 2 coats of primer.  New switch plates are up.  Window frame has 2 coats of primer and 1of paint.  Most of the trim has a coat of primer.  We're down to just finishing painting the trim and then getting it all put in.  Well, and tear out 2 small spots of carpet so that can (hopefully) be installed sometime next weekend.


 Walls with 2 coats of primer

This edging took forever!  3.5 hours each of working on it.  It only took me by myself 90 minutes to roll the first coat.

Walls completely done.  I LOVE how the walls look with the white trim.  Still debating on if the banister thing should be painted (I kinda think so but really don't want to add more work to this project.)

Since taking this the new light was installed which make the ceiling look a foot higher.  We are getting there!!

Now...just gotta get this done!  Goal is by the end of the (work) week, besides the carpet. 

Today we (mostly) took the day off from working.  I had decided I needed a day to work on Christmas prep.  We bought our tree and it's now lit and decorated.  Didn't get to hang the outside lights because of the snow but that's really all we have left!  Even have the boxes put away!  YAY!

My sister, Denise, came over (with Emerson) on Friday to make Oreo Truffles.  Today I made 6 layer bars and chex mix.  I made my Christmas baking schedule (based around my days off) and here is what I have left:


I have 4 extra days off between now and Christmas so this is totally doable.  We are actually doing pretty well with our shopping (mostly just stocking stuffers left and only for 3 people) and if we can actually finish the stairs this week, I'll have all sorts of free time then! 

That's about it.  Somehow Sundays go too fast and I never seem to get quite everything done.  Feeling pretty good though about Christmas and getting these stairs done. =)

No comments: