Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Q: What if we get pregnant?

Trying to anticipate some of the questions we might be getting...

Q: What if we get pregnant?

A: That was one of the first questions I asked our social worker.  It depends on at what point in the process it happens.  It's up to us if we'd like to continue and our application could be put on hold.  We'd have to redo the time sensitive tests - background checks, medical checks, but our home study and all the other paperwork would still be ok.

We'd be thrilled to get pregnant (although, we've redone some of our medical tests recently and know it's still not likely) but I'd almost rather get pregnant now after adopting.  I feel like our best shot at adoption is if we're childless.  It seems like we'd be less likely to be chosen if we had recently had a baby of our own (that's just my opinion).

The one thing I've been learning through all this is that God goes by His plan, not mine (oh such a tough lesson to learn).  We'll take whatever children He decides to bless us with. =)

2 comments:

Denise said...

Amen to that! God definitely has His own plan that I don't understand...

diana said...

Me either! =)