Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Things I really like right now - September

Whenever I use the word "love" for anything I am reminded of my high school religion class where we learned we can't love things, only God and people.  It's hard not to say "I love pizza" or whatever though.  Habit I guess.  Anyways, a few things I am really liking right now:

 1) This dress:
Only $15 on sale at Target!  I don't know where I am wearing it yet but I didn't have any cooler weather dresses and this fit and was cheap...I may need Matt to take me on a fancier date just so I can wear it.

 2) Cougar Town

It's not about a cougar.  It's pretty much like an older Friends with more wine drinking.  It's hilarious.  It is like my new Friends because when I want something quick to watch I usually stick one of these discs in.  (But I still really like Friends.)

3)  Words with Friends

I'm not very good.  To quote Cougar Town... "I'm going to be using a lot of 3 letter words, some you've heard of, some you haven't."  This game would be a lot easier if it would accept all the words I try.  Although I am often surprised at what I can get it to accept.  It's a good thing I don't have to know what all the words I use mean.

4) Mauna Loa dark chocolate macadamias

I'd like to say we got hooked on these in Hawaii.  Nope.  Although they sell Mauna Loa all over there.  We got these at Target about a year ago and got hooked.  They are amazing.  I didn't know I liked macadamia nuts until we got these.

5) Paris versus New York


When we were at Kings Cross station in London, waiting for our train to Edinburgh, I wandered into the bookstore next to Platform 9 3/4 (I know I am place dropping here).  I saw this book and was intrigued since I liked both New York and Paris.  I was kinda anxious about finding our track though so I didn't pick it up but made a mental note to add it to my "to read" list.  I finally got to it last week and almost didn't put it on hold since I thought it might be too intellectual.  But I did.  And then found out it was all pictures comparing the two cities.

random page from the book I found on the internet after a 2 second Google search
That made for a really easy read, especially after a big margarita. =)  We haven't spent much time in either city (3 days in NYC, 8 hours in Paris) but enough to experience them both.  I thought the book was cute.  Something different to look at.  I haven't returned it to the library yet and I usually return things asap after finishing them. 
____________________________________________________________
That's it.  5 things I like right now.  I am under no impression that anybody cares about my tastes in anything but it's something different to write about.  Saying "we had a really good weekend" over and over again is probably as boring to read about as it is to write. =)

No comments: