Thursday, October 10, 2013

Wonderful things about Matt

Today is Matt's birthday and in honor of that here are a few things that make my husband so wonderful:

1. He picks me flowers when he mows the yard.  Sometimes he forgets to bring them in and they die on the grill but it's the thought that counts.

2. Last week he changed the sheets on our bed without being asked.  I had left them out when I got up to workout but didn't strip the bed since Matt was still in it.  When I went back up to get clothes before my shower he was just finishing up putting on the new sheets.  It was about the most wonderful things he's ever done.  Not really.  But it was pretty great.


3. He will usually give me a Luke break as soon as he gets home from work.

4. He doesn't argue when I push him out of bed and tell him it's his turn to get Luke (I don't abuse this, really). (And Luke does sleep through the night, this is just weekend mornings when Luke wakes us up earlier than we care to be up.)

5. He actually considers ideas I suggest that sound crazy.  Like selling one of our two cars.  Then riding his bikes 3-4 days a week so we really can get by with one car.

6. He puts up with all my green ideas like cloth diapering and obsessive recycling.

7. He went back to school to be qualified for his current job, leaving behind a job he liked but that had horrible hours.  He went through his "year of hell", working 32 hours a week, taking 15ish college credits, and doing 32 hours of clinicals, every week for 11 months.  And was on the deans list both semesters.  I am still amazed at how he did it.

8. He works so I can stay home with Luke.  I am so thankful that he does that so I can do this.

9. He makes me super incredible cards and then writes really sweet things inside which make me cry. (My nephew looked right at this card and said "Hey, it's Matt & Di!")

10. He love me, puts up with me, lets me talk his ear off when he gets home from work.  He's just a wonderful husband; I'm so so glad he's mine.  =)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy birthday Matt!!!!

diana said...

I'll say thank you on his behalf. =)