Monday, July 25, 2016

Mixed Drink Monday: Peach Wine Slushies

I was already in love with this recipe, purely for simplicity sake.  All you need is fruit (fresh or frozen) and wine.  I almost always have excess of both of those.  Scratch that, I think I always have wine and at least some frozen fruit.  I also got to try a Ninja blender for the first time, thanks to my niece donating their old one to the lake cottage when she got a new one at her bridal shower.  That thing was amazing, no joke.  We have a relatively inexpensive, basic mixer which works, I've made tons of smoothies and drinks with it, as evidenced by this blog, but the Ninja had this ready to go in about 20 seconds.  I doubt we'll be investing in one anytime soon, we're too cheap for that, but maybe I will be making all my blender needed drinks at the lake.

Also, I already have about 1000 other variations of this drink I now want to make because the possibilities are endless.  I could do a whole series on these next summer with different fruit combinations each week!  Imagine how quickly you could be bored by that!  Haha.  I won't, although I may try that privately...


Peach Wine Slushies
yield: about 4 drinks
Ingredients
-1 bottle of wine (I used my favorite cheap Aldi wine, leftover from this Sangria)
-1 pound fruit (I used frozen, lazy)

Directions
Put in blender and blend until smooth.

My Thoughts
Well I already admitted I want to make 1000 different versions of this so obviously a winner.  It was very drinkable, not overly wine-y (that's a good thing in my book, maybe not in yours) and very refreshing on a not so hot day (and probably more so on an actual hot day...somehow it's been 90°ish the last 6 weeks except for the days we've been at the lake.  No joke.)  I only made a half batch but definitely would have enjoyed a full batch if we had more time at the lake this weekend (although I did enjoy my second glass at home, regardless).  Definitely an easy winner for the summer!

Next I'm thinking a raspberry one?  Maybe raspberry peach??  I don't know!  The possibilities are endless!

Source: Dessert for Two

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: