Monday, August 1, 2016

Mixed Drink Monday: Pineapple Coconut Spritzer

We recently spent our first full weekend at home in six weeks, second full weekend at home in 11 weeks.  We've been a little busy lately.  I think we're all ready to slow down a little and pack up a little less.  What does that have to do with this drink?  Nothing really, unless you notice that the background view is a little different than most of my other drink posts lately.  This would have been a really easy drink to mix up at home and then take wherever we were headed for the weekend but it was also really nice to not have to think about that for once!  This was also my long birthday weekend which made it the perfect time to have a big pitcher of a delicious drink in the fridge.  Our poolside may have just been around our son's inflatable pool, but drinking this out there was still pretty wonderful.


Pineapple Coconut Spritzer
yield: ~8 servings
Ingredients
-3 cups pineapple juice
-1 cup orange juice
-1 cup coconut water
-1 cup rum (I would have used coconut if we had it but had to settle for vanilla)
-1 can ginger ale, sprite, or club soda (we used ginger ale because it's what we had)

Directions
Combine the pineapple and oranges juices, coconut water, and rum in a large pitcher and refridgerate until ready to serve.  Then stir in the ginger ale.  Enjoy!

Our Thoughts
Oh my, this was insanely drinkable.  Like, amazingly so.  We weren't even through the first pitcher before I was mixing up a second.  We went through two batches in 4 days and it was wonderful.  Sitting poolside with Luke?  Having a drink.  Watching a movie together at night? Having a drink.  Struggling on a sewing project?  Having a drink.  Out of milk to drink with lunch?  Having a drink.  It was the perfect thing to have in the fridge and enjoy over the long weekend.  I'm craving another glass right now.  And I didn't drink it all, Matt had multiple glasses too.  It was delicious and maybe my favorite discovery from this whole project.  Very definitely in the top 5.  This would also make an excellent party drink but you might need more than one pitcher (at least if you are inviting me)!

Enjoy some of this before summer is gone! (How am I saying that already?!?!?)

Source: slightly modified from Sweet & Savory by Shinee

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: