Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Grading Our Summer List

I, reluctantly, have to admit that summer has come to a close.  It's definitely my favorite season and we maybe live our best lives in the summer months, fully becoming hermits the rest of the year (and being completely ok with that).  Maybe it just takes us 9 months to recover from the busyness of summer?  I'm going with that.

Many months ago I posted our Summer Fun List.  I know, such a blogger thing to do.  And we actually did most of the things on the list!  Some of them may have been things we would have done anyways (going to the lake...) but seeing them on the wall daily helped me stay on track for how we wanted our summer to be! 

Lake

Yes.  A lot.   Easy check-off!

 
Kayak

Yes!  Wasn't the best summer for it because it felt like many of our lake trips were cold and/or windy, neither of which make for good kayaking conditions!  But we went out a few times!

TinCaps Game
Went to 3 in about 10 days! 

Bike Ride Downtown - CHECK (besides the below ones!)
For ice cream - on Father's Day!
For supper - on my birthday!
To the downtown library - did it once a month all summer!
  
Sparklers
Did them multiple times at the lake!

Sno-Cones
 
This was our special treat for Friday nights at home...we did it twice.  (Summer was busy.)

Drive-In with Luke
Twice - both were Despicable Me 3 (but other second movies).  

Kid Movie Series
Nope, no theaters around here had them!  But we took him to the drive-in twice soo...balances out.

Picnic Breakfast
Nope.  I kept meaning to...then it got chilly in the morning and we lost our chance.

Host BBQ
Yes!  Should have done more than once but we still had one!  Better than last summer (with zero).

Pool Day
Yes!  Went to my sister's local pool with her and her 6 kids.  At one point she took a few to the bathroom and I thought "I only have 5 kids to watch in the pool, this isn't so bad!" which I realize is a crazy thought.

Evening Zoo Trip
Did this a few times before our pass ran out mid-summer!  Our favorite time to go!

Summer Reading Program
Luke and I both did the one at our library and he did Half Price Books' as well!  

Pick Strawberries
Yes!  Picked at my longest friend's parent's farm! 

Pick Blueberries
Nope.  MAJOR fail given how much I love blueberries. 

Overall, I'd consider this a pretty solid win.  We had a busy summer but it was also a lot of fun with a lot of people.  I liked seeing our summer goals right in my face every day.  I already have a few (new) ideas for next summer!   Now maybe I should start planning our fall (or maybe...I should have done that 3 weeks ago...oops.) 

What are you doing for fall?  I need a little help!

No comments: