Thursday, April 18, 2024

24 in 2024 - 1st quarter update

We're 25% of the way through 2024 and time for me to check-in on my progress on my 24 in 2024 list!  I have a feeling this isn't going to be a great check-in.  Some things just aren't moving like I had hoped.

Original 24 in 2024 List

Inside Home Things
1) Paint kitchen cabinets (0%)
Have made no movements on this.  Picked out and bought the paint for the lowers last fall but a large part of this is waiting to figure out if we can move the hinges inside and I need Matt's help determining that and he just hasn't had time with school.  On the list for his upcoming semester break but that list is also getting very long.

2) Replace kitchen cabinet hardware (0%)
I bought new pulls last year but we haven't done anything on replacing them yet (painting is holding it up).

3) Make a gallery wall over the couch (100%)
This is one I was excited to get done! I mocked it up early in the year on my computer, bought frames in February, and then spent quite a bit of time in March measuring it all out.  I may do a post about this??  I was motivated to get these up before our boys' joint birthday party in late March and we finished hanging them between our niece's wedding and reception the day before our birthday party...

4) Hang pictures of MIL (95%)
It's all hung but we need one more picture to fill a frame.  We framed the last picture we have of the 4 of us (Matt, myself, our boys) with Matt's parents and I wanted a childhood-ish picture of Matt with his Mom for the other.  But I haven't pulled one from his album yet.

Outside Things
5) Plant Dahlias (0%)
A spring thing. 

6) Run outside every month of the year (25%)
I ran outside in January!  On a day it had snowed earlier!  Then once in February and twice in March.  So on target for now.  January, February, and December were going to be the hardest months for this and I have two of them done!

Nagging Tasks
7) Finish our will (0%)
No new progress since 2022...

8) Buy cemetery plots (0%)
At the end of March we had no progress on this but we do have an appointment for later this month. 

9) Get a dumb phone for home (0%)
Maybe adding this to Matt's very long semester break list (when he'll still be working his regular job and doing clinicials although he did take a couple days completely off both).

10) Sell a Lego Millennium Falcon (0%)
I really would like this out of the house and the money from it...

Food
11) Try a new chicken recipe every month (25%)
Yes!  We've done this and 2 of them (one in April) have been keepers.  SAM even liked one and I had to take a video of him saying that because he has previously declared that he likes nothing I make.

12) Make a standard fall/winter and spring/summer menu plan with grocery list (0%)
Haven't made any new progress on this but more chicken recipes will help!

13) Host 6 Cookouts (0%)
Haven't had the weather for it yet but hope to get some on the calendar soon!


Fun Things
14) Go on 10 dates (20%)
We missed one in March with me being sick in the beginning of the month and then Matt having various dental procedures on his other days off late in the month.  But have two tentatively planned for May.

15) Eat local once a month (25%)
We've done this at least once a month so far! (Just don't always remember the picture.)

16) Finish 4 photobooks (2023, Luke, Sam, summer 2024 vacation) (25%)
2023 is finished and ordered.  Luke's and Sam's would have been close at the end of March and between when I am writing this and it posts, I should have them done (I have one page left in each).  I'll wait for a sale to order though.

17) Go to the Farmers Market 6 times (17%)
Sam & I went once while Luke was serving a funeral and Matt had school!  

18) Get really good at family games we own but rarely play (1/month) (25%)
We have added three to our rotation, not always with the whole family because I can't always get everyone interested in the same games but we added Clue, Snap, and Trionimos!

Helpful items
19) Buy a grey sweater (to keep) (0%)
I have not been successful with this yet.

20) Dye a dress (0%)
This is a warm weather one, maybe in May?  I also need to pick a color for sure.  Really, convince myself that it's worth a little extra money to dye it my favorite blue (which would take 2-3 bottles of different colors mixed) instead of just one bottle of the cheapest blue.

21) Figure out how to use Gmail better (clear-up inboxes) (0%)
I have made no progress on this BUT I did find a setting on my phone that archives all the e-mails I delete on there instead of deleting deleting them.  So that's why I have THOUSANDS of old e-mails in my archives.

22) Fix tags (0%)
Noooo...just a baby step of writing down wrong tags I find would be a start...

23) Art books (0%)
Am I ever going to get going on this one??  That's great question.  I am reassured by how long the sand box and end table sat on this list before they eventually got done!

24) Make a step on green project at school (10%)
I've had some meetings, phone calls, e-mails but haven't actually accomplished any changes yet.

15.3%!!  I was correct in thinking I wasn't getting very far in most of these!  Hopeful for some good 2nd quarter progress, especially on the outside ones.  Yikes!  Good reminder of what I need to keep working on!

No comments: