Monday, August 4, 2014

Mixed Drinks Monday: frozen strawberry margarita

Frozen Strawberry Margarita

I put vinegar in my drink again.  Many people were amused by my mistake the first time but this time it was in the recipe.  I know, maybe my mistake wasn't such a big one after all.  I've never had a bad strawberry margarita and it seemed like a pretty standard drink, one I should have a go-to recipe for.  This one will not be it though.  I didn't care for this drink.  I had Matt try it and he asked if it was the alcohol giving it a weird taste.  Nope.  That would be the vinegar that was in the recipe.  Lesson: adding vinegar when not called for is better than vinegar that is called for. 

Ingredients:
yield: 4 drink (cut down as needed)
1 1/2 cups crushed ice
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 cup tequilia
1 TB Triple Sec
 1/4 cup lime juice
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp powdered sugar
1/2 cup Club Soda

Directions:
Put everything in the blender.  Blend. 


Source: skinny strawberry margarita

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: