Thursday, July 21, 2016

{25} Things About Me

I realize a "{blank number} things about me" list is rather self-indulgent but you could also argue that the whole blog concept is rather self-indulgent (it is), so really, is this any worse?  Probably not.  Plus, I really like reading these about other people.  If I'm checking out a new (to me) blog, it's a nice way to get a snapshot of someone and decide quick if I want to follow or not.  Maybe I'm just nosy?  But there are probably millions of blog readers in the world so we all are a little bit.  Also, it's almost my birthday so I think it's the appropriate time of year to be extra self-indulgent.  Here we go:
  1.  My all-time favorite movie is The Sound of Music
  2. And has been for about 20 years and I don't see that changing
  3. Friends is my tv equivalent of chicken noodle soup - pure comfort food
  4. Really, mashed potatoes are my ideal comfort food though.
  5. In 15 trips together, Matt and I have never been on vacation over the 10th of any month.  I have a spreadsheet to track these things, obviously.
  6. We have been on 7 trips over the 18th, 19th, 21st, and 22nds of months, almost half our vacations have been this part of the month!
  7. I am most definitely the only person in the world who cares to know this information.  
  8. I've been stung by a jellyfish twice.  Both times in the Gulf of Mexico.  Nobody peed on me either time.
  9. I heard someone else describe their ideal temperature as "hot car" and I can definitely relate.  When I worked full-time and would always freeze in the AC in the summer, I'd get in my car at the end of the day, not open any windows and LOVE it.  
  10. The movie I've seen the most time in theaters: Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (I feel like that says a lot about me...in my defense once was at the drive-in which is somewhat more about the experience than the movie.)
  11. Runner up: Pearl Harbor, which is slightly more credible...but only slightly.
  12. I also have a spreadsheet to track that.
  13. I have a lot of spreadsheets.  That might also say a lot about me.
  14. Book I've read the most: probably Christy & Todd: The College Years three book series by Robin Jones Gunn.  They all came out around my senior year of high school and so I was exactly the right target audience.  And I still enjoy them. (To add to my never ending to read list: reread the entire 30+ book series).
  15. The thumbs up emoji is, by far, my most used.  It's perfect for when you want to acknowledge that you've read what someone said but have nothing more to add.  I use it All. The. Time.  And I can't think of a single time I've given a thumbs up in real life.
  16. Matt and I first met when we played baby Jesus back to back at the local Christ Child Festival.  I was ~5 months, he was ~2 months.  We do not remember this (but we know it happened because our parents knew each other and they remember it).
  17. Then we went to the same high school for 3 years where we knew many of the same people and had, maybe, one friend in common.  We probably passed each other dozens of times in the hall.  We never met nor have any memories of each other from this time.
  18. When I was a kid I saw a counselor about my fear of dogs (which has a real reason behind it although Matt said it wasn't a good enough one).  I'm not scared of them anymore (I mean, unless a huge one is angrily charging me) but I don't see the point or purpose of sharing your home with one.  Also, if I never have to touch an animal again for the rest of my life (other than ones I am eating, in a normal chicken and burgers way), I am fine with that.  
  19. Although I like them separately, I cannot stomach the combination of peanut butter and chocolate.
  20. I slept with a stuffed animal until Matt and I were married and still after, on the rare occasion we were apart at night (totally normal).
  21. I can only somewhat swim.  Matt and I have a deal: if we are all drowning, he saves himself and Luke, I save myself.  (This mainly pertains to the lake, should our boat of a jet ski (and life jackets) fail us.  If it were open ocean I'd be screwed.)
  22. I can recite the names of all the books of the New Testament in order. 
  23. My most played song on iTunes: Bye Bye Bye.  This is mostly due to a certain little boy claiming it as his favorite song for many months before I temporarily banned it (my 17 year old self would never believe I could get sick of it...but turns out it's possible).
  24. If I could automatically be great at any skill I'd want to be able to play the piano really, really well.  I hope we can get one at our next house!
  25. Beauty and the Beast is my all-time favorite Disney movie.  I watch it every year while packing away Christmas decorations!

No comments: