Monday, August 19, 2019

Mixed Drink Monday: Tropical Painkiller


I don't know where the name for this drink came from.  I did not name it and I don't think I would be good at naming drinks (I've been thinking about blog names for about 3 years and it hasn't changed yet).  But this was an easy drinks, ingredients I had on hand (I buy so much pineapple juice in the summer), and I even had a pineapple prop (which got cut up and enjoyed as soon as I took these pictures).  Win all around.

I've made a lot of drinks over the last 5 summers and many of them called for using a shaker.  I always just ignored that and stirred them with a spoon.  It's definitely the same effect (it's not).  My excuse was that I didn't have a shaker at home anymore and I never thought to look for one at the lake.  Then I found the one I had apparently taken up to the lake in the back of the cup cupboard and voila.  I finally shook a drink.  It is different AND it didn't take much more time AND it hardly made anymore dishes so maybe I'll be a little better at following directions going forward.

If you've been reading these posts for any length of time you may have heard me say that I'm always open to trying new pineapple/coconut combinations WHICH THIS IS.  And OJ.  And ice.  And rum.  Those 5 things, in different combinations have been good to me and this one was too.  Perfectly tropical and summery and not too heavy.  I enjoyed it. 

Note: friendly reminder that 2TB = 1 ounce 

One year ago: Mucho Gusto (my most popular drink recipe here and one of my favorites!)
Two years ago:
Frozen Coconut Mojito
Three years ago: Summertime in a Glass

Four years ago: Blackberry Rum Fizz
Five years ago: Pineapple Mojito & Coconut Peach Lemonade


Tropical Painkiller
yield: 1 drink
Ingredients
-2 ounces rum (coconut if you have it, which I did)
-3 ounces coconut milk from the refrigerator section
-6 ounces pineapple juice
-6 ounces orange juice
-ice

Directions
Fill a shaker about half full of ice.  Add all the ingredients, close up, and shake.  Pour into a glass, add ice and enjoy!




Source: modified from Cooking with Curls
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: