Thursday, July 9, 2020

2nd Quarter Progress on 20 in 2020

Here we are, halfway through the year, months into some form of quarantine.  Life is different but life is pretty much the same at home, we are just home more (pretty much always a good thing in my book!).  We've been knocking through home projects since mid-March, some that I listed here and some I really didn't want to do so I didn't list them here.  Hah.  Weird how life works.  BUT, things have been getting done, we've been making plans for more things to get done.  Life keeps moving and I like having some progress to show for it!

Original 20 in 2020 List

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, links for which are included within this post, at no additional cost to you.  Thanks for helping support this blog!

Home related
1) Figure out over the dining table (10%)
We have determined that we are doing a light fixture and NOT a fan.  And I have done some online browsing for one!  Little bits of progress!

2) Replace end table (5%)
Just like 3 months ago...we have agreed on a design but Matt hasn't had the time to make this yet.


3) Replace night stands (5%)
We are back on the "buy these" plan instead of building them, but we've only changed our minds about 5 times already sooo...I have been online browsing for these too but also waiting for our bed frame to be delivered so I can check heights/make sure I don't have to find a different one if my order gets canceled.

4) Replace nightstand lamps (0%)
Waiting for the new night stands first.

5) Replace bedframe (20%)
I ordered this over 2 months ago and it's been back ordered!  I hope it comes eventually!


6) Put in sandbox for the boys (10%)
We called 811 to get cleared on underground lines/pipes, marked out the boundaries with spray paint, sourced where we are getting sand (but not how we'll transport it yet), and have a plan for the displaced dirt.  We have done zero of the actual digging/dirt moving though! (But that's now part of a multi-step dirt/compost moving plan).

7) Add lights to the backyard (25%)
As of June 30th we had ordered all the parts for this and, I think, had the supporting rope hung in the backyard.  We have since finished the whole thing (post coming someday!) but at the official end of 2nd quarter, this wasn't completely done.



8) Organize Luke's Legos (100%)
Done!  Post coming on this one too!  This is one of the projects that bumped the end table down in priority.  

Nagging Tasks
9) Clean converse sneakers (100%)
Did that 1st quarter.


10) Figure out how to use Fitbit (100%)
Did that 1st quarter but I have since stopped wearing it because the battery SUCKED and would randomly die throughout the day, even with showing a mostly full battery.  I figured only tracking about half my steps was no better than tracking no steps.  I am glad I had it for quarantine though, there are many days I walked more just to hit 10k steps.


11) Renew passports (0%)
This might happen this fall once school is back in session?  Not that we are going anywhere that requires passports anytime soon!


12) Shorten our blind (100%)
Done!  This was a very satisfying and quick project!

13) Use face things (50%)
I've used one of the two I intended to use.  Even after a patch test and finding new allergies I am trying to stay away from, my face is still having issues that I would like cleared up before trying (more) new things.


14) Meet our neighbors (50%)
I've met one of the two!  He was working on backyard projects when we were too so we've actually chatted a few times (from a distance).



Fun(ish)
15) Replace my standard cross-body bag (100%)
Done!  Got one for Easter and I just used it again yesterday!  This one, except in a green that is no longer listed.  (But now, do I need the blue too??  My minimalist side says no, my "I love all things blue" side says yes.  The cheap side will probably win.)


16) Go on 6 dates (33%)
We've done two, one in January and one in our backyard for our anniversary in May.  We've started talking about trying to get in another before school starts again but COVID definitely affected all our plans for these!


17) order 5 photobooks (100%)
I've actually only ordered 4 - Michigan vacation from June 2019, our 2019 family year book and both the boys' most recent books ending with their birthdays in March.  BUT the 5th was going to be for our summer vacation we didn't get to take because of COVID, so I'm calling this one done.


18) Start allowance with Luke (100%)
We've done this!  We still struggle to remember each week but we have been doing it!

19) Travel map (0%)
I've done some more online browsing...why did I make so many things on this list that required shopping?


20) Paint star background for Christmas nativity (0%) 
This is definitely a 4th quarter thing.

Halfway through the year (WHAT?) and I'm at 45.4%, with another project done in the past week.  That's respectable and totally reasonable that I can hit 100% by the end of the year, really mostly needs to happen by the end of October because planning/prep for the holidays takes so much of my mental energy in November and December!

They weren't on this list but I did repaint this cupboard AND we repainted the whole back (outside) of our house, as well as our picnic table and double Adirondack chair, both of which Matt made.  So, we have finished a few more things not on this list which definitely took some time.  We may even, GASP, tackle our compost issue this summer too.  So progress all around!


1st quarter update

No comments: