Friday, July 9, 2021

2nd Quarter Progress on 21 in 2021

We are half way through 2021 and I'm not sure if I've had it halfway through my list!  It feels like we've knocked out a lot of things but also that I still have a lot to get done.  These quarterly check-ins really help me stay on track and remember what the heck I need to focus my project energy on for the next few months.  ALSO, if Target could please put picture frames on sale I'd really appreciate it.  That would move a few projects along.

Inside Home Things
1) Replace lights in the stairs (35%)
I have bought the lights, they are sitting in boxes on the front porch, not yet installed!  Matt seems to think I've had him switch out a lot of lights around the house in the past 18ish months (only 5...)

2) Replace end table (0%)
Never? This might happen never.

3) Figure out boys' bed situation & make it happen (95%)
Ordered a bunk bed, got it put up.  Sam's crib is still up for a few days to accommodate a cousin sleeping over and then I think it'll finally come down and we will be rearranging their room.  He's only fallen out of the bunk bed once!

4) Replace pulls on nightstands (100%)
Done in 1st quarter.

5) Replace dish drainer (100%)
Done in 1st quarter.


6) Travel map (50%)
Bought the map, got it printed, it's still not on the wall.  Waiting for Target to put frames on sale(Writing this post reminded me that the map had been being flattened under the window seat cushion in my office for the past...2 months?)

7) Redo A gallery wall (20%)
Spray painted the frames that are moving, come on Target, put frames on sale please!  Haven't entirely figured out what will be going where those came down...but have started this one!

Yard Things
8) Plant hyacinths (0%)
Fall project

9) Put in Sandbox (10%)
Made the tiniest progress in digging this when we needed dirt to fill the raised beds.  Needs A LOT more digging.


10) Plant in garden beds (100%)
DONE!  And things are growing!  It's so exciting!!!
 
11) Put out rain barrel (40%)
Well, we put it out but it's not hooked up...

12) Finish compost moving (60%)
Yes, I moved it, again, but really needs moved ANOTHER time as part of a big dirt moving project but also needs sides to box it in because I don't want leaves blowing out of the compost and back all over the yard.  That's twice I've moved it in the past 8 months with one more pending.  This is MUCH MORE WORK I've put into the compost lately than in the prior 10 years!

13) Hang Christmas lights on the playhouse (0%)
4th quarter

FUN-ISH
14) Replace our vehicle (100%)
DONE!  Technically in 2020 but it still made the list.  We did finally do the repair we knew it needed when we bought it!  (Did the repair AFTER we put 2k+ miles on it with vacation, we're timely like that.)

15) Figure out a ponytail (0%)
Zero progress.

16) Do something with the boys' art (10%)
Well, I photographed all of Sam's art at the time I did it...then he's made more.  Still trying to catch up regular photobooks!
 
On Going
17) GET RID OF THE THINGS (50%)
We made major progress on the things I knew needed gotten rid of in January.  Have done quarterly goodwill-ish drop-offs so far this year.  We are in the middle of a big basement project and then even Matt is motivated to do a big purge so hopefully we will make some more big progress soon!


18) Go on 8 dates (50%)
4 done, really 4.5 if we are being generous!  (Picture is on our drive-in date in our new (to us, 6 months prior) Pilot, two items in one picture!)

19) Finish 4 photobooks (2020, Sam, Luke, vacation) (75%)
Have ordered 3 of those and am reasonably caught up on the currently going books (2021, each of the boys' current year one).

20) Get food from local restaurant once a month
  (50%)
Have managed this AT LEAST once a month since the beginning of the year, even if in June we are counting donuts & sno-cones (two separate places!).  But we did more than one pick-ups many other months so it all balances.

21) Add 12 recipes to Instant Pot rotation (42%)
I've tried 5 new ones with 2 on the docket to try in July.  I'm running out of ones that sound like something we'll eat, VERY open to suggestions if you have any you like!
 
I'm at an even 47% which isn't too bad.  Have a lot of items in progress that hopefully can get fully done in the 3rd quarter, especially anything outside related since we can't do as much out there at the end of the year!  I know a few things that I need to add to my to-do list for July, now if Target could please just help out I'd much appreciate it!

No comments: