Thursday, July 15, 2021

ICOTW: Simple Peach Popsicles


It is peach season right now and I have eaten a lot every day for about a week now.  Peaches don't actually grow here (that I know of) but I have had very good luck with The Peach Truck peaches for 3 summers in a row now and I picked up my 1½ (split with a sister) boxes last week.  

There is the initial "this is a lot of peaches and wow I have no remaining counter space" which quickly gives way to the most delicious smell and me consuming 3 peaches in 8 minutes standing over the kitchen sink while the juice runs all the way down my arm.  Yes, it's wonderful.  

I spent a decent amount of time last weekend making more batches of sorbet than I'll expected (recipe multiplying problems) and also made these popsicles.  They are even easier than the super simple strawberry popsicles we make during strawberry season.  These don't even need peeled which saves me a few minutes of boiling and cooling (that pot space is precious when I am making the amount of sorbet I ended up making this weekend!).  Just a quick chop, run through the blender (which I already had out from sorbet) and freeze these up!  And then force a popsicle on Sam because I had a little too much mix and not enough molds.  We've hit the point of the summer where popsicle molds have a quick turn around.

These were easy and the one I just ate was very refreshing.  Obviously, the quality of your peaches will greatly determine how these turn out.  Seeing as I am currently eating 6-8 a day fresh...I can attest to the quality of the peaches I am working with.  

I think these will become a staple in our peach boxes consuming.  Really easy and really refreshing, exactly what I am looking for when I am looking to get some counter space back! 

 One year ago: Peach Sorbet (one of my all-time favorites)
Two years ago: Chocolate Coconut Sorbet
Three years ago: Strawberry Gelato
Four years ago: Salted Honey Ice Cream
Five years ago: Lemonade Ice Cream
Six years ago:
Coconut Ice Cream

Simple Peach Popsicles
yield: about 8, depending on the size of your molds

Ingredients
-4 large, ripe peaches, don't need to peel
-juice of ½ lemon juice
-2 TB sugar

Directions
Pit the peaches and roughly chop.  Put in the blender or food processor with the lemon juice and sugar.  Blend until smooth.  Pour into molds and freeze until solid!  A quick run under hot water will help them out of the molds when you are ready to eat!


Source: The View from the Great Island
__________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream (or other frozen treat) each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites!  

No comments: