Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Adoption is the greatest thing on the planet"

Came across this article on MSN today.  I know who Mariska Hargitay is but don't watch Law & Order.  Anyways, here's what she said about adoption:

"I love talking about adoption because I think it's the greatest thing on the planet.  I think anytime you embrace life so fully, so heartily, there are highs and there are lows. What I said in the (Good Housekeeping) piece was that the process takes you on a ride. And the end of it is better than any pot of gold that you can imagine. There's a child."

We struggle sometimes to accept that this is our lot in life.   Seeing things like this helps.

In related news...I contacted Catholic Charities today to see if they got everything, we were missing anything, etc.  Apparently our packet, dropped off 2 weeks ago, is still waiting in a stack to be processed.  That was frustrating to hear after we worked so hard to get it in early.  Definitely not getting a baby before our trip.

No comments: