Sunday, June 3, 2012

Edinburgh!

In Edinburgh now and it's cold! When I woke up my phone said it was 45 outside and it definitely feels like it. We walked to church and it was cold. Cloudy too which doesn't help. About 40 degrees colder than the beginning of the trip!!

Yesterday we hiked Arthur's Seat. I thought it might be a little like hiking Diamond Head, clearly marked, going up stairs, etc...yeah not the way we went. Matt picked the hardest way up. More climbing up rocks than I anticipated. View from the top was pretty awesome though but really windy! I told Matt I wanted an easier path down...he found a harder one. I crawled most of the way on my butt. It was an adventure.

The supposed 45 minute hike took us closer to 3 hours. Good thing the sun is up so late here (10pm, rises around 4:30am). Walked to a local pub for supper. Portions here seem to be much smaller because we've never had problems finishing our meals. We've also have been walking around enough to work up a good hunger but it still seems smaller.

This morning we had a rushed Scottish breakfast before church. Had full breakfasts at our first two B&Bs but the one in London just left a basket of fruit, biscuits, and cereal bars (which I liked so much I bought 2 boxes to take home). It was nice having all the fruit and handy be be able to eat on the go (we ate 2 breakfasts at train stations). Still, being served is nice again. We''re hanging out in the hotel right now, waiting for it to warm up a but before heading to the Royal Mile. Watching some of the jubilee flotilla coverage on the BBC. Kinda cool seeing it all right after being there.

Pictures: views from top of Arthur's Seat and our hike down.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That view looks AMAZING!!!

diana said...

It was amazing! Much better than my phone can pick up.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the pictures on the filled up memory card!

diana said...

We definitely have more pictures than any one will ever want to see...