Thursday, December 20, 2012

Things I like - December


1. The Hunger Games Trilogy



I first read these in August 2011, really really quickly.  I was on the library hold list for the first book a long time and then read that book in about a day.  I didn't want to wait for another long library hold so I immediately (like, 5 minutes later) ordered the whole series from Amazon and read the last 2 about 24 hours after they arrived.  They are not as well written as Harry Potter but are about equal in the "I can't stop reading and need to know what happens".  I even got Matt to read the first one!  I finally reread them right before Thanksgiving and, even though I knew what happened, I still couldn't put them down.  That's the sign of a good book(s).  And, like Harry Potter, we thought the first movie was very well done, very similar to the book.  I think the others will make good movies too.


2. My 5 inch glitter heels


These are the most spectacular things I've ever had on my feet.  Ever.  However I bought them right around when my ankle problem started so I've only worn them once.  I hope to wear them again for Christmas this year and just the thought makes me happy.  For the record, nobody thinks that's a good idea...but it's my goal.


3.  My heated lap blanket
It's a well known fact that Matt & I end up picking out a lot of own Christmas presents.  Like I tell him what to buy me (or just buy it) and he does the same.   (In my defense, all he wants this year is to upgrade his computer and I definitely shouldn't be the one picking out processors and motherboards.)  He usually buys me a few things I don't know about and a few years ago this was one of them.  It's a plug-in, heated lap blanket.  This is one of my favorite possessions in the winter.  I am pretty much always cold October-March unless I am under this thing.

4. the Colts

Maybe it's just because last season was so bad, or because Peyton left and I wasn't expecting much...but this season has been pretty enjoyable.  I usually plan my Sundays to be home for the (usual) 1pm game.


5. Sworkit



I try to work out 6 days a week (Sunday off) and it's hard not to just settle into a workout routine where I do the same thing every time.  I found this app, Sworkit, thanks to Pinterest and it's helped.  You choose what kind of workout you want (lower body, arms, core, etc.) and then length (5 minute intervals) and it makes a workout (complete with pictures!)!  I haven't come across anything super challenging but it's a great way to change things up.  I like it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the App! Never heard of it and it looks great!