Monday, November 19, 2012

It's almost the most wonderful time of the year

It's almost Thanksgiving!!  I am super excited about this.  I love the last 6-7 weeks of the year. 

 We had our first Thanksgiving yesterday, with most of my immediate family (parents, sisters, brother-in-laws).  We have two on Thursday and then a Thankmas (Thanksgiving/Christmas) in a few weeks.  Lots of family time coming up. =)

Today I turned in our packet of paperwork to Lutheran Social Services. 


This one was only 21 pages!!  (Slightly smaller than our first Catholic Charities packet).  Had 2 applications to fill out, then copies of 3 years of W-2s and our marriage license.  Not too bad.  Now just have to get through another home study visit.  Hope to be listed by the end of the year.

Tonight I got Matt to help me dip truffles.  I make two kinds: cookie dough and Oreo.  I rolled them both 2 weeks ago (while watching election results) but I dread dipping them.  I still have a bit of a fear of melted chocolate (never seems to work like I hope). 


With Matt helping it took a little over an hour.  Very relieved to have that done!  Basically down to baking & frosting cookies (dough is made) and then a few things that barely count because they are so easy (chex mix, 6 layer bars).  I really like the excuse to spend so much time baking.  These treats will last us quite awhile (I finished my last truffle from last year's batch in late September).

Today I had my 14th doctor's appointment since Labor Day (11 weeks ago).  5 different doctors, 4 sets of xrays, 3 shots, 2 MRIs, 1 person very very tired of going to the doctor.  I think I should be done with doctors for awhile now!  And by "awhile" I mean about 6 weeks...I have a follow-up foot appointment 1/3/13.  I think that will be my longest doctor break all year. 

That's about it.  By this time next week we should have our tree and a mostly decorated house!  So excited for this long Thanksgiving weekend!!

2 comments:

DD said...

I love love love those truffles you make!!! I won't let them last until November if I have any say in the matter this year =)

diana said...

I wouldn't refuse help making them next year. =)