Monday, June 29, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: peach smoothies

We got to be home all day Thursday and Friday last week, besides a walk to the library.  This is pretty  much unheard of and it was awesome.  Less awesome was the temps in the low 70s which is unseasonably cool and just doesn't feel like summer.  But it was also a nice break from the (one day of) heat and I like not having the AC on parts of the summer.  How many years has it been since a really hot summer?  At least 2 years ago if not more.

Anyways, smoothies.  We made them.  We drank them.  Luke made minimal mess.  Pictures with one of these strudel-less blueberry muffins.

Peach Smoothies
yield: 1 adult and 1 kid sized drink
Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups frozen peaches
-1/2 cup ice
-3/4 cup milk (we used coconut)
-1/2 cup yogurt
-1 TB honey
-generous shake of cinnamon

Direction:
Put everything in a blender and blend.

My Thoughts:
This was good.  I don't think I've ever made a straight strawberry smoothie before, usually putting at least strawberries in too.  We should have blended it a little longer because Luke and I both kept getting peach chunks stuck in our straws but other than that it was delicious and easy.  Pretty much what I'm looking for in a smoothie.

Source (modified)

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: