Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Hawaiian Lasagna

I realize I've been posting a lot of supper recipes for someone who proclaims to not really like cooking.  I mean, I like it sometimes but knowing I have to get supper on the table pretty much every night has me really liking leftover nights.  Seriously, those are about my favorite.  Or maybe nights we eat out of the crockpot because then we don't even have to heat anything up because eating food cold that should be warm is one of those things I really don't like.  To the point I will waaaaay over warm-up anything in the microwave because I prefer "burn my mouth" hot to too cold.

This might also be a large part of the reason we don't do many sides outside of a lot of green beans and some fruit (usually doesn't require cooking).  Even when we do have sides (green beans) they are usually done 10 minutes after our entree.  I'm really organized in the kitchen, clearly.

Luckily, this Hawaiian Lasagna is one of those really easy meals that doesn't take much prep time which really are my favorite (and reheats nicely).  Even less if you buy the oven ready lasagna noodles which is absolutely the only kind I get (at Target).  I will grate the cheese but dealing with extra boiling water just to pre-cook the noodles isn't something I am interested in doing.  I highly recommend the oven ready kind.

This is a different take on my beloved Hawaiian Pizza (or really, just pineapple pizza which is 1000% my favorite kind).  And as a HUGE bonus for us, although Matt despises Hawaiian Pizza as much as I love it, he will eat this which I find strange...because to me they are very very very similar.  Oh well, it's nice to have another meal in my repertoire we will all eat!


Hawaiian Lasgana
serves: 6-8
Ingredients
-9 lasagna noodles
-at least 3 cups of pasta/tomato sauce (always err on the side of too much sauce than not enough)

-1 standard sized can of pineapple chunks, drained
-1½ cups chopped deli/cold meat ham
-2 cups shredded cheese

Directions
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.  Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray or olive oil.
2) Lay 3 noodles in the bottom of the pan.  Top with about 1 cup pasta sauce, ½ cup pineapple chunks, ½ cup ham, and ½ cup cheese.
3) Repeat these layers 2 more times, ending with a full cup of cheese on top.
4) Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.  Remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes.  Enjoy!



Source: slightly modified from Julie's Eats & Treats

No comments: