Monday, August 3, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: Redhead in Bed

First off, I did not name this drink but think that it's pretty much the best one I've seen.  It's pretty appropriate too because this has been my favorite new drink this summer (i.e. it's good).  Second, I've kinda been slacking lately on new drinks which is a bit of a relief (have had just a basic rum & coke, some straw-ber-itas, and grape smirnoff all in the last few weeks) and also a little boring.  It's much easy to go those route but it's nice to try something new again.  Especially when it's good and worth cleaning out the blender.

Redhead in Bed
yield: one drink
Ingredients
-3/4 cup strawberries, washed and hulled (I used frozen)
-4 tsp sugar
-1 cup ice + more for serving
-1 TB raspberry vodka
-2 tsp white wine
-juice of one lime

Directions
Stir together the strawberries and sugar and let sit for at least 10 minutes to pull out the juices.  Then mix that 1 cup ice cubes, vodka, wine, and lime juice.  Blend until smooth.  Serve over more ice, if desired.

My Thoughts
This was really easy to mix up besides cleaning the blender.  It wasn't super strong (which might be part of it's appeal) and besides the lime, is all things I generally have on hand.  The flavors were perfect.  Seriously the best new mixed drink I've made.  Perfectly refreshing without being overdone in any way.  I will make this again.  And there is no chance I'll forget with a name like that. =)


Source: modified from PopSugar

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: