Wednesday, August 3, 2016

ICOTW: Dark Chocolate Coconut Popsicles

Some days this stay at home Mom thing is tough.  Not so much that I wish I was back at the office, let's get that straight, I don't think I've EVER thought "I'd rather be working right now." in the last 3 years.  Rather, just a few minutes of silence or at least someone listening to me (not to name names, but...Luke) would be nice for my sanity.  Or even just being to use the bathroom without a 3 year old rubbing my back or being able to put my feet in his pool without getting splashed all over.  His recent ability to open ANY door in the house has not helped things (hello, putting him back to bed 5 times in 30 minutes...)

It's on days like that I feel like I need chocolate at the end.  Some days are just tough.  Luckily, on a recent one of those, I had the forethought to mix up chocolate popsicles at lunchtime so by Luke's bedtime (after he was being put to bed by Dad), I could enjoy one in relative silence and it was wonderful.  AND basically healthy.  Healthy enough.


Dark Chocolate Coconut Popsicles
yield: depends on size of your mold, I got 7
Ingredients
-1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (the canned, on the shelf kind, not the refrigerated kind)
-1/3 cup dark chocolate powder
-2 TB honey
-1 tsp vanilla
-pinch of kosher salt

Directions
Mix all ingredients together in the blender for about one minute.  If you are not in a hurry, let sit for 30 minutes for the chocolate powder to really soak up the liquid.  Then give another quick spin. (If you don't have time they should be wonderful anyways!).  Pour into molds and freeze until set, at least 3 hours.  Enjoy!!!

Our Thoughts
I loved these.  They were creamy and rich but not too much.  Perfectly chocolate flavor with a hint of coconut.  A perfect treat!!

source: The Creekside Cook

_____________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites!

No comments: