Friday, October 21, 2016

{5} Random Thoughts

It's been awhile since I did a really random blog post.  So it's time.  Also, sometimes it's just nice to have something really easy to write.

1) I need natural sunlight.  One of the first things I do every morning is open almost all the downstairs blinds.  Except now the sun isn't coming up until about 8am which makes getting out of bed a little harder.  And it's only mid-October.  Lots of darkness ahead.


2) This:
I don't have anything to add to that other than a lot of head nodding.  It's so true.

3) I managed to both sneak in AND eat an entire packet of pretzel M&Ms (my favorite) over the course of two weeks, without either of my boys finding out.  I feel rather sneaky and proud about this although I should probably clue Matt in.  But not Luke, for obvious "3 year olds have enough energy and don't need extra sugar" reasons.  In my defense, it was a rather stressful few weeks with going on two months of having our house up on jacks and hearing our car needed a $4,900 repair (it ended up being much less). Chocolate was necessary.

4) I got my second flu shot of my life this week.  The reason I got it?  Not to avoid the flu but because Target would give you a $5 gift card if you got it there.  Apparently that's my price to have stuff injected into me.  I have done more for just $5. 

5) We watched Mary Poppins with Luke a few months ago and since then the soundtrack (or parts of it...there are a lot of songs in that movie!) has been on frequent play.  I say this with much love and respect for my husband but the line:
"Although we adore men individually, we agree that as a group, they're rather stupid."
Is the best line in any Disney song ever.

No comments: