Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Helpful Hints: Freeze Yo' Celery

You know, like "Treat Yo Self" from Park and Rec although this is freezing celery...which really isn't treating yourself...unless you consider celery a treat?  I highly doubt there are people that do...I mean it's celery.  The reason I'm freezing it is because nobody wanted to eat it in the first place. 


After pretty much every gathering to which I take veggies I take celery.  It's a different color than carrots (my other standard) but not peppers (which I don't eat) and you can always buy it for cheap.  But who really eats celery besides with peanut butter, raisins, and carrot wheels?  Not many people.  So I always have leftovers.  You know what you can do with leftover celery?  Cut it up and freeze it.  That is literally all there is to it.  You chop it up (or don't, your life), throw it in a freezer bag, and stick it in the freezer.  Bam.  Now you have chopped celery for soups or casseroles or the like AND not wasting AND you don't have to stuff youself (or not) with celery at this moment. 


That's what Michael Scott would call a win-win-win.  And that's two tv references for me in one post.  I don't know if I should be shocked or amazed. 

No comments: