Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Homemade Goo Gone

Homemade Goo Gone was one of the very first DIY cleaning products I tried 4 years ago.  It was included in a list of neccessary supplies for a sink polishing tutorial I was following but I didn't own any and I wasn't about to run out and get some (This was during a blissful one month stretch when I was unemployed, waiting to adopt Luke.  Now it seems crazy that I had whole days with nothing to do and I got away with it!  I'm pretty sure I get more done in a day now, while mothering a 3 year old, than I did during most of those days.  Besides sleep.  I slept a lot during that month.  And then I ended up going back to work almost full-time until we got Luke.)  I quickly did a Pinterest search and came up with many many results for homemade goo gone with just vegetable/canola oil and baking soda, two things I definitely had on hand.  I never bought the real stuff before and still don't see a reason for it!

 
I always have a batch of this under my sink and it comes in especially useful for getting stubborn grease spots off the stove, counters, and the sink.  I've also used it to remove sticky labels or any sticky residue, remove price tags, and even remove sticky stuff from my hands.  It's amazing and so so easy.  I typically just use my fingers to apply but if that grosses you out a rag works well too.

Homemade Goo Gone
2 parts baking soda
1 part oil

Mix together.  Store in airtight container.  Keeps a really long time.
 

No comments: