Wednesday, August 2, 2017

ICOTW: Peach Lemonade Popsicles




We've been running into a popsicle problem lately around here.  As in, I have a lot of popsicle recipes I want to make but not enough popsicle molds for them.  Which means we are also eating a lot of popsicles so I can keep making more.  (How many times can I say "popsicle" in the first paragraph?).

Current freezer popsicle count: 26.  That's using every single mold I own, even these which I recently bought so I could make more.  It doesn't help that (one of) the recipes I made today yielded 18 popsicles.  That's a lot.  They better be good.  In order to have 18 free popsicle molds at once we had to eat a lot.  I had two of these peach lemonade ones within 6 hours.  It's a good thing they are delicious!

Lemonade is just so perfectly summery and adding some peaches made these extra good and tasty.  And we can pretend, healthier.  Mine were white peaches and I left on the skin (partially due to laziness, partially due to wanting some more color to them.)  I keep thinking they are strawberry or raspberry lemonade ones when I just see them in the freezer and then remember I never made that kind so they must be the peach ones even though they aren't real peachy in color.

These are a breeze to whip up, the hardest part is pitting the peaches which really isn't hard at all.  Then dumping somethings in the blender, blending, and distribution among molds.  I love some good homemade ice cream but these popsicles are certainly much less work and still a refreshing treat on a hot day.  (Hot enough that we turned on the AC before 9pm which really is surprising.)

Easy to  make, tastes delicious, and refreshing for summer.  What more are you looking for in a popsicle?


Peach Lemonade Popsicles
yield: depends on mold size, I got 8
Ingredients
-2 cups water
-2 medium peaches, sliced
-3 TB honey
-3 TB lemon juice (about one lemon)

Directions
Pit and slice peaches.  Juice a lemon.  Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.  Distribute among molds and freeze at least 4 hours or until solid.  Enjoy!


Source: Tastemade

No comments: