Friday, March 6, 2020

Looking Back at February

February was the most winter-y month we've had so far.  Luke had one school closing and a couple of delays.  We had multiple snow falls but also a 50° day early in the month and again at the end.  It felt like winter but that's ok, it was February!  We seemed to be busier on the weekends but made a little progress on things around the house.  It felt like a quick month but the things that happened at the beginning of the month also feel like a long time ago!  Now we're optimistic for some spring!


Looking back:
1 year ago: Organizing Makes My Heart Sing
2 years ago: How an(other) App Got Me to Spend Less Time on my Phone

3 years ago: The Adoption Question I Wish We'd Be Asked
4 years ago: So Long, Farewell...Cloth Diapers
5 years ago: Adding 165 Instagrams to a Photobook, Without Crashing the Software
6 years ago: "Before we had kids..."

7 years ago: Adoption FAQ: Saying the Right Thing

8 years ago: Piles of Paperwork

1) Sam "helping" Matt add an outlet (to eliminate an extension cord we had been using for 14 years!).  He LOVES "helping".
2) Nice enough on February 2nd to have the porch door open!  Luke was playing outside!
3) Four days later we had a school closing for snow and Sam loved watching Luke play outside in it.  (He probably would have also loved playing in the snow himself but he needs a parent for that and I was not willing.)
4) Oh pretty snow!  So much nicer to look at than the mud in my backyard right now!  Even if I really appreciate not freezing every time I walk out the door!
5) Snowflakes!  These are still up.
6) More snow!
7) Valentine's donuts Matt brought home from work!  Free donuts are my favorite donuts.
8) Side swiped a trash can with my side mirror on an already rough morning. 
9) I was able to find it, along a very busy road, an hour later.
10) And 36 hours after it happened, thanks to Amazon Prime, a handy husband, and some tape, my mirror was fixed!  I use this one A LOT to back into our very crowded garage; it's a minor miracle that I never side swiped the jet ski in that 36 hours without the mirror.
11) I had an unfortunate incident involving a tin can lid and blood splattered all over the kitchen when I was old enough to know better.  I had another unfortunate incident (less my fault than the first time) while making pasta sauce that left this kitchen looking very similar.  I found it funny but painful.
12) Annual kool-aid cookies!  We ate almost the entire double batch in 10 days.
13) Sammy LOVES the fishes at the downtown library!
14) Blue skies and snow - SO PRETTY.
15) Another decent snow storm, just last week!
16) The porch Christmas lights and snowflakes' last stand on February 29th!  Longest I've ever left them up, much less turning on twice a day.  It was very nice to have a little extra light when we were leaving the house before dark during the week but now that it's slightly nicer...it was finally time they came down.


Books finished: 12
Miles ran:
0.00, soon the weather should cooperate (be warm enough) for me to get a run in!
Currently watching:
I'm basically current on Grey's season a million, I'm finally getting back to This is Us, only about 14 months behind..., and Matt and I watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Sunday evenings.
Most read post this month:
Quick Lit - February and {6} Things Saving Me This Winter
Luke's current favorite song:
He's been singing "Baby Shark", I'm blaming the kids on the playground for that one too...he seems to pick up the WORSE songs there. 


March brings both boys' birthdays and hopefully some semi-consistent spring weather!  Lots to be excited about!

No comments: