Monday, May 4, 2020

Mixed Drink Monday: Margarita Punch (non-alcoholic)


Welcome back to Mixed Drink Mondays!!  My favorite of these to write all year is always the first one, it's like welcoming back an old friend I only see in the summer!  What does it say about me as an introvert that I describe a blog post as a friend...humm....  Also, we can't see friends right now BUT I can see drinks.  And blog posts.  So.  It's not that far of a stretch!

I have a lot of margarita variations on the blog which makes sense because they are one of my favorite alcoholic drinks.  Or are they my favorite because I've made so many??  ANOTHER question to ponder.  I also like a small variety of liquor, but tequila and triple sec are part of that elite group so it makes sense that I like them.  Have we been quarantined too long if I think I am making complete sense in this post so far? 

Anyways, this drink has neither tequila or triple sec or any alcohol of any kinds.  So if you abstaining or any reason, these are a good idea.  I made them for a family dinner back when we were allowed to have such a thing (March 1st, not that long before we stopped being able to!).  We were serving tacos and you know what goes well with tacos?  Margaritas?  We gave up alcohol for Lent but I am also of the thought that we don't need alcohol at nearly every gathering.  Plus, our guest list was primarily kids.  So, to Pinterest for non-alcoholic margaritas I went! 

This was a very simple recipe but got rave reviews from adults and kids alike.  I always appreciate a good margarita, alcohol or no, so I was delighted with these.  The lime is the only real margarita thing about it but throw some salt on that rim and it is even closer.   I have so few excuses for a salted rim in my non-summer life.

If you are needing some margaritas in your life, if your kids need margaritas, I'd recommend these.  Cheers friends, both of the blog post and actual human variety.

Three years ago: {6} Margarita Options for Cinqo
Five years ago: Raspberry Coconut Smoothies (these remain in the top 10 best finds of all the drink I've made over 6 years)
Margarita Punch
yield: a decent pitcher, 8-10 servings maybe?
Ingredients:
-2 (12oz) cans frozen limeade concentrate, mostly thawed
-1 (12oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate, mostly thawed
-1 liter Sprite
-6 cups water

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and refrigerate until ready to serve!



Source: modified from Plain Chicken

____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!  

No comments: