Monday, June 22, 2020

Mixed Drink Monday: Pineapple Sunset Cocktail


I love a good pineapple drink in the summer and so this was a fantastic and delightful drink to try towards the beginning.  It was really easy to mix up, only took a few ingredients, and tasted great!  Basically everything I am looking for in a drink.  I also like how easy it would be to make a non-alcholic version of this - just leave out the vodka and maybe add a little more juice and/or sparkling water and voila!  Luke is also so excited when I make him a kid-friendly version of my "special drinks" and this one makes it easy.  Also, it's just pretty with the gradient from the grenadine, even if it is just adding sugar.

It may appear from these pictures that we are always at the lake.  That is not the case.  I just usually have a little more free time up there, or life is a little less pressing at least, so I will make multiple drinks when we are up there (this particular weekend it was 3, actually all made the same day).  For some reason, taking 30 minutes to mix up drinks and photograph them at 9:30 in the morning just seems more doable there than at home.  Using my normal shower time for drink making?  Maybe.  Not a bad exchange, depending how hot it is!

As previously established, I always have pineapple juice on hand in the summer and I've been working through the same bottle of vodka for 9 years (it was a big bottle, also we don't drink much vodka.  I've gone through MUCH more tequila and triple sec in that time.  Not A LOT, but more one bottle).  So, yay for easy drinks and yay for summer!


Three years ago: Raspberry Margarita
Four years ago: Pineapple Cooler
Five years ago: Raspberry Oatmeal Smoothies

(Three of the previous six summers I did this, I skipped posting a drink recipe for this week, I have no idea why and find it strange that it happened 3 different years!)







Pineapple Sunset Cocktail
yield: one drink
Ingredients
-2 cups pineapple juice
-1½ ounces (3 TB) vodka
-generous splash of grenadine
-splash of sparkling water
-ice

Directions
Add ice to a glass.  Top with pineapple juice and vodka, stirring to combine.  Add grenadine and sparkling water to the top and enjoy!

Source: modified from Chef Savvy 
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page

No comments: