Monday, June 12, 2017

Mixed Drink Monday - Raspberry Margarita


Almost THREE years ago we had a "margarita" night at the lake (at least that's what I call it, in my head) and ever since then Margaritas have just seemed extra summery to me.  I shared a basic margarita recipe two weeks ago which I think is the first unflavored one I've made (I mean, there was still plenty of flavor, just no extra flavors).  I've done plenty of fruity varieties (shared here...just trying to see if I can work in EVERY blog post I've ever written in the first paragraph...)



BUT, I had never done raspberry margaritas and since I, apparently, need to try every fruit variety, it was about time to correct that.  These use frozen raspberries which is helpful for when they might not yet be in season (or on sale) yet.  Although our raspberry bush in the backyard seems to be growing very quickly (shockingly, given how little water/attention I've given it, which is exactly my kind of plant, especially one that is growing me food) so maybe I'll try again with fresh raspberries from the backyard.  Although fresh fruit usually doesn't work in frozen drinks very well.  I need to think about this a little more. (I mostly just like the idea of eating what I've grown, I get very proud of myself.)

These were easy to mix up (as all the best drinks are) and tasted great.  Plus, they are a fantastic color that just seems festive no matter the occasion.  Think of all the holidays that incorporate red!  Anything patriotic, Valentine's Day, Christmas.  SO MANY good times to drink them. But especially in the summer when a cold drink on a hot day is the perfect refreshment.



Note: remember 2TB = 1 ounce, if that makes measuring easier!

Raspberry Margarita
yield: about 2 drinks
Ingredients
-3 ounces tequilia
-2 ounces Triple Sec
-2 ounces lime juice
-1 cup raspberries (frozen will obviously give it an icier consistency)
-2-3 cups of ice
-lime, raspberries, salt to garnish

Directions
Run a lime wedge around the top of the glass and dip in salt.  Put all non-garnish ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with lime wedge and raspberries.

Cheers!


Source: slightly modified from Fake Ginger

 __________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!  

No comments: