Friday, May 28, 2021

Things I Like - May 2021

Been doing a bit less shopping lately, besides plants and flowers for the yard, but still have been doing enough of mostly non-food items!  Although a good 3 of these are gift related!  Spring has been a busy time for us, gifting wise!

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, links for which are included within this post, at no additional cost to you.  Thanks for helping support this blog! 

1) Tiny Saint Charms
Last month I started this list with the Shining Light Saint dolls and I purposely saved these Tiny Saint Charms for this month so I wouldn't overload on the Saints.  I also placed an order for these on Easter and they are adorable.  I have St. Maria Goretti (my patron saint for my middle name, Marie) and St. Cecilia (my confirmation saint) on my keys.  Luke has St. Luke and St. James (his first and middle names) on his backpack.  And Sam carries his St. Paul (for his middle name) all over the house (it's been lost many times).  They are adorable an a way to remember to emulate the saints! 

2) Aldi Lemon Cookies
We stopped buying Girl Scout cookies years ago and it was very helpful for my cookie eating needs when Aldi started to sell knock-off of my favorites, Samoas.  I frequently (internally) lamented that I hadn't had my other favorite GS cookie, the lemon ones, in well over a decade.  UNTIL I went to Aldi a few weeks ago and they had knock-offs of those too!  We were very tight on our budget then (it was the end of the month) so I passed them by until we needed something for an impromptu get together and I told Matt to get the cookies.  And they were just as amazing as I remember.  I highly recommend if you like lemon cookies.  I have some set aside for this weekend (and the Samoa ones). 

3) Target Coral Wallet
My wallet was starting to get very worn (how long should those last?  I had mine at least 5 years which isn't nothing...) and so I strongly hinted to Matt that he get me this new one, on sale at the time!, for Easter.  We're pretty good at following each other's strong gift suggestions and so this showed up in my Easter basket.  It's has fewer spots than my last one but I still have room for all my cards, cash (when I have some), change, and my COVID vaccination card (nobody has ever asked to see that but I still carry it around...the rare times I have my purse with me).  It makes me happy every time I pull it out.  


4) Essie Nail Polish in "Find Me an Oasis"
This is a super light blue polish that works nearly year-round for me (I make "seasonal sets" of my nail polishes), an icy blue for winter and a light blue for spring & summer.  It's in frequent rotation with my navy blue (the only color I truly wear year-round) and with the other lighter colors I sprinkle in in the spring and summer.  I'm on my second bottle of this, it was good enough to buy again!   I went through a kick a few years ago when I wanted nearly white but lightly tinted nail polish in a bunch of shades and blue was the only one I was ever successful at finding! (It is NOT what I have on in the wallet picture.)  

 

5) Silicone Rings
As part of our 15th anniversary gifts to each other we bought each other silicone rings.  I was really trying to avoid Amazon but it was also a few days before our anniversary and we are TRYING to get more timely in our gifts (all of our godchildren who have had birthdays so far this year got their gifts late, in some cases significantly so).  SO, Amazon was the only way we could get them in time so that's what we did.  I wanted Rose Gold and Matt found me this set, the one is metal, I'm not sure the purpose in a set of silicone ones but I wear the pink-ish one every time I run and have been wearing it under my garden gloves too (I often save my yard work for running days since I'm already sweaty and gross).  Maybe will wear one when jet skiing too (I never wear my real wedding ring for that).  I've gotten a lot of wears out of them already!

What have YOU been liking lately?

No comments: