Thursday, March 7, 2024

Looking back to February 2024

We are through February which means it's now spring and we've even mostly had spring weather so far this March!  Not always sunny but even just the warmer temps makes such a difference on my mood.  Life always feels much more doable in the spring, even after a rather mild winter like we just had.  Plus wrestling is winding down which is exciting too!

The flu bug that we had avoided most of the winter finally caught up with us at the end of February.  We all missed some work and/or school over the course of a few days and I'm still super congested but that really took it out of me a bit.  Still playing a bit of catch-up on a few things but considering how much illness was going around all winter, feels like we didn't make out too horribly with it.  

I'm not going to do a full update on it but I wrote a post about my list of 53 items to help me stay motivated that would cover the 53 days from when my boys went back to school after Christmas until the start of spring, March 1st.  And I actually got all but 3 items on that list done!  It really did help give me little mood boosts to feel like I was getting some nagging tasks done around the house, especially when I could knock out a few right in a row.  Nice looking back and seeing all I was able to get done in the midst of the winter blues. 

Looking back:
1 year ago: Travel: Grand Haven, Michigan
2 years ago: Making Our Stair Travel Wall
3 years ago: The Molly Murphy Series by Rhys Bowen
4 years ago: Book Love: Flight Girls by Noelle Salazar
5 years ago: {11} Picture Books Featuring Food
6 years ago: A Photobook Update
7 years ago: Friday Five: {5} Paris Books
8 years ago:
Making a List and Checking It (Often)
9 years ago: Painting the Office/Craft Cupboard (Finally)
10 years ago:
Kool-Aid Cookies

 

1) This was early February and bulbs were starting to come up!  So fun to see them growing a little more every day!
2) Reading with my tea and a treat.
3) A beautiful country sunset!
4) Pretzel with cheese means we're back at wrestling meets...
5) February was actually pretty mild which meant we could open up the porch more than usual.  And I love the festive hearts.
6) Finishing up a puzzle with many pieces near my perfect shades of blue.
7) A ice cream sundae with Matt, celebrating Valentine's Day a little early, since it was on Ash Wednesday this year.
8) Watching the Super Bowl, eating buffalo chicken dip, having a drink.  I did most of a puzzle while watching it!
9) I have so many cut out hearts from years of cutting up scraps of paper.  It's rather handy when we need to make some Valentine's, can just pull from the bowl!
10) Sam and I played quite a bit of Tri-ominos which always reminds me of my Grandparents.
11) Downtown in snow to pick-up a gift card for our school auction/dinner (which I ended up having to miss for being sick).
12) Pretzels with cheese from Aldi.  It's a near constant in our winter snack rotation.

Books finished: 14!
Miles ran:
2.05!  A much warmer but harder run than in January!
Currently watching:
We've been so tired lately with getting over bugs that we've just been doing the longer edit of The Office season 2 on Peacock.
Most read post this month: New York City #4 - days 1 & 2 and then Mixed Drink Monday: The Fizzy Flamingo
Luke's current favorite song:
"God's Country" by Blake Shelton
Sam's current favorite song: "Happy Birthday"...he recently had a birthday. 

March brings birthdays for both boys, the start of spring break, AND Easter.  My boys having March birthdays sure has made me appreciate this month a lot more!

No comments: