Thursday, November 12, 2015

{4} Ingredient Home-Style Potato Soup

I'll be the first to admit that this soup is nothing fancy, nothing groundbreaking BUT, I love it.  As in, this is what I'll have for lunch about 75% of days between now and April.  It gets the occasional break with a big batch of my Mom's veggie soup but, when I get tired of eating all my veggies, it's back to this nice, easy, potato soup.  Bonus, it's 4 ingredients (not counting crackers), all of which I'd consider pantry staples.  Second bonus, this makes enough for about 8 days of my lunches.  I LOVE that.

{4} Ingredient Home-Style Potato Soup
yield: 7-8 servings
Ingredients
-32 ounces chicken broth*
-5-6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds)
-3 cups milk (I usually do a mix of skim and whole)
-shredded cheese, pick your favorite (cheddar and/or pepper jack here)

Directions
1) Dump chicken broth into a large pan over high heat.  Clean and cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces (I don't peel them because I don't want the extra work, just scrub them well).  Add potatoes to broth and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  Once boiling, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked.
2) Mash the potatoes with a potato masher to your desired consistency.  Stir in the milk and cheese and let cook for about 5 minutes, until hot.  Serve immediately!

*I've used both the canned variety and chicken bouillon cubes with water, whichever I have on hand.

Source: Betty Crocker  4-Ingredient Dinners

No comments: