Monday, June 26, 2017

Mixed Drink Monday: Coconut Pineapple Margarita



Apparently I am just going all in on the margaritas this summer (basic, raspberry) and even have a few more on tap in the coming weeks (it's not going to be all margaritas all the time...even though it may start to feel like it).  This might be partially due to the fact that I have a bottle of tequila and not a lot of wiggle room in the grocery budget lately.  So making drinks with the liquor I have on hand is a must!

Also, margaritas are delicious.

This one is my favorite summer combination: coconut and pineapple which really are the perfect summer flavors and you will see them pop up a lot.  I can't help it...I like what I like.  And that list includes all things super summery.  We are all in on summer right now and I love it.

The coconut flavor in this one comes from coconut milk which I'm not sure I've ever added to a margarita before but it made for some nice creaminess that I didn't know I was looking for in a margarita!  Also, can I pretend it's slightly healthier that way?  Maybe just a little?

If you are all about the pineapple and coconut this summer, or even just margaritas, give this a try.  It was delicious, but then I expected nothing less!


note: 2 TB = 1 ounce

Coconut Pineapple Margarita
yield: one drink
Ingredients 
-2 ounces tequilia
-2 ounces pineapple juice
-1 ounce coconut milk
-1-2 tsp honey
-juice from 1/2 lime
-1 cup ice
-salt for rimming

Directions
Cut lime in half.  Run one half around the top of your glass and dip in a plate of salt.  Set aside.

Put the tequlia, pineapple juice, coconut milk, honey, juice from the other lime half, and ice into a blender.  Blend until smooth.  Pour into prepared glass.

Enjoy!
  
Source: slightly modified from Rare

 __________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!  

No comments: