Friday, October 4, 2019

Looking Back at September

I'm pretty sure I always start these posts in one of two ways - either "well {that month} was a month! or "how is it already {whatever month it now it}.  Why am I continually shocked that time keeps passing?  As if it's any different than the rest of my life?  But I was surprised when I looked back through pictures at all that had happened in September!  No wonder I didn't get in as much reading time as I would have liked!  We made 3 lake trips, sold our pontoon, bought into another pontoon, brought home our jet ski, went to Indy for an adoption meeting, I went to Indy for a Backstreet Boys concert (woo-hoo!), we did a day trip to Sauder Village with a lot of my family, Matt and I ran our race, and we are in the process of getting a new alley (thankfully, paid for by the city and not us!).  But Sam and I have also had quite a few days of being home besides school runs.  We are settling into a decent after school routine and we are holding strong at no tardies!

Looking back:
1 year ago: What I'll Remember Most about Summer 2018
2 years ago: Letting Vacation Change You
3 years ago: Seasons
4 years ago: Strawberry Applesauce
5 years ago: After 8 Years We Finally Have a White TV Stand (I still LOVE that this locks)
6 years ago: I'm Declaring the Basement Clean-Up Done
7 years ago: Things I Really Like Right Now - September (my first one of these!)
8 years ago: Camping in Friendship, Wine Tasting in Madison

Here's the month!

1) A sunset jet ski ride on a Thursday in September thanks to no school on Friday, Matt getting the day off, and us working pretty hard to get up there and unpacked AND eating supper before dark.  It's pretty magical when this can happen in September!
2) Luke and I driving, we've really loved having full family jet ski rides back this year now that Sam is old enough for them!
3) My morning glories pop up everywhere (and I'm FINE with that, really), I don't even know how they got from the back to the front but it makes me happy.
4) Backstreet Boys concert in Indianapolis after I didn't get to see them in their Vegas residency when we were there last year.  It was awesome, so fun, and exhausting (home at 2am, up before 7 to run and then take care of Sam!  Luckily Matt could do the school run that morning).
5) Sunrise from the front steps, I see a lot of these this time of year.
6) Matt and I were running a lot the first part of the month (before we both got injured) and we finally bought a reflective vest so all of our pre-sunrise and post-sunset runs would be a lot safer!
7) Things that happen when I use the bathroom: Sam smears diaper ointment all over the couch.  I've resigned myself to the fact that we will have to replace this couch when we are done with babies too small to know not to smear diaper ointment on the couch.
8) This is definitely what you want the sky to look at when you are standing outside school still waiting for your kid and then have a ¾ mile walk back home.
9) The boys and I went to a high school football game for the school where Matt and I both went and the boys will both go!  (Matt got stuck at work late - he was treating patients until almost 10pm!).  Obviously the marching band is a highlight for me.  Luke was only in it for the popcorn.
10) My boys and a cousin checking out the animals at Sauder Village!
11) And I was checking out their morning glories!
12) The backyard playhouse Matt has been working on FOREVER is finally almost done, this is taken from it's second story (did he overdo the playhouse?  Most definitely.  But Luke loves it.)
13) New running shoes after I put 750 miles on my last pair. Oops.  Maybe why my foot might be injured?
14) The alley in progress.  You know what is really loud?  Tearing out two blocks worth of alley.  We are now in the cement curing stage which is silent and much preferred.
15) At the downtown library with my boys for our once a month trip!  Sam loved the "ball"!
16) Post running my race, beat my last year's time by a minute, even injured.

Books finished: 10
Miles ran: 75.8.  I was SO CLOSE to making my goal of 90 when I got what I'm fairly sure is a stress fracture and I had to basically stop running besides the race I was already signed up for at the end of the month.  Not making my goal for the month and likely not making it for the year is a huge bummer!  Hopefully taking a couple weeks off will heal my foot and I can still get in some runs before it is cold.
Currently watching: We are caught up on The Good Place so we are watching those as they air and we just started season 2 of Friends from College.  I am back to trying to get caught up on Grey's and then maybe I'll get back to This is Us (not sure I ever finished season 2?)
Most read post this month: Quick Lit - September
Luke's current favorite song: He's really been into the Backstreet Boys lately (and my going to a concert and then playing them for a week straight had NOTHING to do with it).  He even requested Don't Go Breaking my Heart as the song for his alarm in the morning!

Only a month until we are in the holiday season and I already have some prep work for that on my to-dos for the month!  Woo-hoo!!!

No comments: