Monday, June 11, 2018

Mixed Drink Monday: The Fizzy Flamingo




I don't remember if I first saw this as a suggested pin or something a friend had repinned but either way, as soon as I saw a drink with Flamingo in the name...I knew I was going to make it.  It wasn't even really a question.  Just an immediate, YES. 

I wouldn't say I collect flamingos but I do a have a few of them around the house.  I've written shopping posts about flamingo things TWICE (here and here).  I've been using this flamingo phone case for 3 years!  If we don't end up with a daughter some niece is going to be getting a collection of flamingo baby/little girl clothes I've been slowly collecting. 


I had considered making these at the lake but then knew I'd be better making them at home because I have "props" here.  Plenty of potential props (I limited myself.  Also, it was supper time and nobody had the patience for me to take a whole bunch of pictures.)

But this drink was really easy to mix up, took very little time, hence why I was trying to cram it in before supper one night.  I enjoy a good frozen margarita (and archives show I've made plenty of them) but it's also nice to have really quick drinks to mix up, especially if they travel well.

So this was delicious and easy.  It's only flamingo connection was the pink but, really, what other flamingo connection could you have?

One year ago: Raspberry Margarita
Two years ago:
Pineapple Cooler
Three years ago:
Perfect & Easy Sweet Sun Tea

Four years ago: Malibu Drink

Notes: Remember, 1oz = 2TB.
            I also use ginger ale or Sprite interchangeably for club soda, whichever we have.  Which  might not be the best flavor exchange. 


The Fizzy Flamingo
yield: 1 drink
Ingredients
-2oz vodka
-2oz something carbonated (I used ginger ale because we had it)
-1oz sweet & sour mix (see last week's for DIY!)
-splash of grenadine
-ice
-sugar for the rim

Directions
1) Wet the top of your glass (I ran faucet water over my fingers and rubbed it around the glass) and dip in a plate of sugar. (OPTIONAL)
2) Fill glass 1/2 (or more/less) with ice.  Add vodka, pop, sweet & sour mix, and grenadine.  Stir.  Enjoy!
 

Source: slighted modified from Pink Curlers
____________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!   

No comments: