Thursday, June 16, 2022

Summer Shopping

We really try to be minimalists in many parts of our lives.  It's a constant project to just have less things.  However, there are about two times a year I let myself do some impulse shopping.  One is in December (hello, bottle brush trees!) and the other is right at the start of summer.  We're two years into a tradition of doing some summer prep shopping on one of Luke's last days in school.  I still try to mostly be intentional about what we are buying but also allow myself a little more indulging than usual.  I never NEED more summer (or Christmas) decor BUT it sure is fun to add a few new things to the rotation each year.

To be clear, we don't own nearly all the items below but they did all catch my eye as fun summer things when doing some online browsing!  We do own at least one thing from each grouping though.  Some that have been reliable for awhile and some new things bought this year!  Window shopping is fun, even without buying anything!  Maybe especially then!


 
*we obviously own this.

watermelon placemat | gingham plates** | sea turtle plates | camping placemats***
pineapple serving dish | corn on the cob holders**** | ombre glass***** | summer food storage****** | ombre beverage dispenser | pineapple tumbler

**I bought a few of these to round out our outdoor plate set
***Yes, we have these too.
****Bought more of these in case we have guests when eating corn on the cob, we have a nearly identical set that has served us well for years!
*****REALLY liked these and then went back for them.  Replacing 2 stemless wine glasses Matt & I have broken in the past few months (both times in the dish drainer!)
******Bought these too...

glass flamingo | pineapple sheets | pineapple (fake) succulent*******
mountain art | stars & stripes wreath | star wreath
large pinwheel******** | blue glitter pinwheel********* | patriotic pinwheel | stars & stripes pinwheel

*******Bought these last year and still have it!
********This really is large, we have one in our yard!
*********Glittery blue always gets me.  We have this too.

**********We don't have this exact one but we do have a pineapple doormat! 
***********I had these in my cart but have resisted so far! Sam really likes some castle molds we bought at the beach last year.

Do I need to do more shopping??  Maybe.  There are still a few of these that I'm eyeing!  And maybe eyeing is enough!  We'll see!

No comments: