Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Long Thanksgiving weekend!

Been a busy week around our house. Last Monday (11/21) we finished the bamboo floor project and got my whole room put back together. The floor before moving furniture:

I think it looks wonderful. Definitely not hurting the selling value of our house. =)

Wednesday (11/23) we went downtown to see the lightings. It seemed crazier than last year but it was still fun.


We spent Thanksgiving with Matt's family (since we had celebrated with my family the weekend before) and it was a fun day with lots of good food. We played our new National Parks Memory and I came in second! We've played a lot of Monster's Inc. Memory at the lake and I have a tendency to lose (horribly) but this time I did good!

We did some Black Friday shopping (just Target and Lowes) and I started decorating for Christmas!

Saturday was a busy day around the house. We primed and painted our extra bedroom FINALLY, we've only had the paint for 3 years! (it was leftover from another project). Finished touch ups on the outside of the house and we raked leaves for the third time this fall (total leaf time for the year, less than 90 minutes). It was a long day but we got a lot done! Sunday we did some touch ups in the bedroom and had all the furniture put back by night! Finished 3 house projects in less than a week! YAY! Feels so good to finally have the whole house put back together!

I had yesterday (11/30) off so I did more decorating, super cleaned 3 rooms of the house, and did more Christmas baking! I love 5 day weekends. =)

Tonight we went to our first wrestling meet of the season. We really need to go to one where they win the meet...

That's about it. Lots going on but it's the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments: