Monday, May 14, 2012

APPROVED!

I had my 4th post-surgery appointment today so I thought I'd have a foot update.  I do, I guess.  It's coming along, pain is normal since I'm still getting used to no boot.  They got me an ankle brace to take on our trip.  My foot really hurt today since I was up and around so much yesterday and that concerned me for our trip.  Doctor doesn't think I'll need the boot, which is really good.  I didn't want to lug that all over Europe.

So there's that but even more exciting...we got this e-mail from our social worker today:

CONGRATS!!!!!  You have officially been approved!!!!! 

As in, our home study has been approved!  All that needs done to be listed is our profile (which we are working on).  The social worker we met with wrote the report and then it had to be approved by a couple superiors.  I was shocked it all happened within a week.  She said she has 60 days and never taken that long, I really wasn't expecting 6 days!!   I am anxious to be listed but really don't want it to happen before we leave.  I had a dream a couple nights ago that we just got a call for a baby and I really wanted the baby but I really wanted the trip too (after all this planning and money).  Soo...no baby before we leave.  Hopefully we're listed shortly after we return.

Pretty good day, for a Monday.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is great news!! (not the dream part but the first part) Your social worker is very efficient!

I have been reading, but for some reason my computer doesn't like to let me comment and I have almost given up commenting at home, because it won't let me... :-(

But I hope that you go on the trip to so I can house sit your house! :-)

Angela Sherburne said...

YAAAA!!!!!!!!

diana said...

=)

diana said...

Oh we are going on the trip! We weren't expecting the homestudy to be done so fast and so our profile isn't done yet. It's ok, I don't want to be listed before we go anyways.

Jen said...

Happy Dance!

diana said...

If my ankle was up to it I would be dancing!

Jen said...

Oh, there's plenty of dancing you can do without bothering your ankle. :) You should see me rocking out in the car!

diana said...

Oh, I know. I've now been witness to your sitting dancing!