Sunday, October 28, 2012

Embrace the Conflict


I have a lot to say about this past week.  A lot.  It's a good thing I have tomorrow off to catch up on everything.  =)  But for now...I have this to share:


Got this off Pinterest and it is EXACTLY what I need to remember.  The waiting (I'm referring to the adoption here) can be horrible.  And stressful, depressing, and tough.  I try to keep reminding myself that we need to enjoy this time because once we get a kid our lives change completely.  This is the last of our DINK (dual income, no kids) life for a very long time.  There are a lot of wonderful things in our lives to enjoy NOW and I was reminded of that this week.  Plus, if it all gets too much at least I can have a drink.  Don't get to do that when you are pregnant. =)

2 comments:

DD said...

I do have to say, that is a very good point you make...we had kids so quickly I didn't even realize all we could have done in life before kids. And while I wouldn't trade our kids for the world, I do now realize that we should have treasured those days more and made the most of them rather than just looking ahead to and planning for baby. I'm glad you recognize that now!

diana said...

Some days I recognize it better than others. =)