Thursday, March 20, 2014

The joys of parenthood


A few days later and things are looking up.  Luke seems to be over the worst of whatever he had, no more fever, just a lot of snot and some coughing left.  He's once again getting into everything and eating mostly normal.  Sigh...parenthood is much easier like this.

In the past almost year there have been plenty of rough days and rough moments but also so much joy, wonder, love, cuddles, and happy time that more than make up for the bad days.  I love when he reaches for me or crawls up my legs to get me to pick him up.  When he finds his kazoo and immediately finds me to have me do it for him.


I love the smiles after he's done with a bottle.  I love watching him learn new things, remember new things, and figure out something.  I love the big smiles he gives me when I get him out of his bed.  He's usually so happy to see me.  I love how excited he always is to see Matt. 


He's such a wonderful, curious, and happy little boy.  We've said since the beginning, somehow we've gotten the easiest baby ever.  It's crazy to think a year ago we didn't even know he existed and now he's pretty much our whole world.  Such a loveable little boy.

2 comments:

Pennylane4647 said...

He's the cutest little boy! I can't wait to meet him! I'll be spending an entire week in Fort Wayne at the end of May housesitting for my parents while they are in California - we should schedule a playdate!

diana said...

Yes!! Definitely!! Crazy how old our babies will be by then!!