Monday, October 6, 2014

Homemade ranch seasoning

Like taco seasoning, making ranch seasoning from scratch is pretty easy.  Almost easier than buying a packet at the store.  I don't think I've ever bought the store packets but still have found plenty of uses for the homemade stuff.

Homemade Ranch Seasoning
Ingredients:
1/3 cup dry buttermilk (I've bought at Kroger and Walmart)
1 TB dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried dill
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground pepper

Directions:
1) If you want a very smooth seasoning then put all ingredients in your food processor and blend.  I don't care to have it that smooth so I just mix it up in a bowl with a spoon.
2) Store in the fridge.

That's it! 

I have a recipe coming later this week that uses ranch seasoning so you might as well mix some up now. =)

source (modified)

No comments: