Monday, May 11, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: I need to stop with the coconut/almond milk

I think this is our 4th week in a row with a coconut-almond milk smoothie.  On one hand, I'm proud of us for sticking with our Friday smoothie habit.  On the other...I'm ready for something without coconut-almond milk.  I just haven't been a big fan of any drink I've made with it.  I'm going to blame the almond part for that because I like coconut flavored things too much for it to be that.  So sometime soon you'll probably hear me complaining about how much I don't like smoothies with coconut milk either.  Then maybe I'll learn.


Strawberry Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
yield: 2ish drinks
Ingredients
3/4-1 cup coconut milk (I used coconut-almond)
1 tsp coconut oil
8 ounces frozen pineapple
6 ounces frozen strawberries

Directions
Blend all until smooth, stirring as needed.  

My Thoughts
Mostly see above.  I mainly made this because it would use up my coconut-almond milk and it didn't call for yogurt (which did not come out on my last attempt to make some).  It was a really thick drink; Luke and I both used spoons and one of us should have used a bib.  How he got it on the cushion behind his back, I'll never know.  It was an ok drink but nothing spectacular.  I'm definitely blaming the coconut-almond milk for that one. 

Source

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: