Monday, May 4, 2015

Mixed Drinks Monday: Raspberry Coconut Smoothie

Luke and I are holding strong on our Friday smoothies, 4 weeks in a row!  We eat baked goods (I know, so healthy) so morning snack the rest of the week but it's always nice to have something special on Friday.  We have gotten crazy busy all of a sudden but I always try to keep our Fridays blissfully open.  One of the few downsides of being a stay-at-home-mom is that the days can start to blend together, even the weekends.  Keeping our Fridays at home and with a special treat helps it feel like the weekend, even if it can be remarkably similar to our Monday-Thursday.


Raspberry Coconut Smoothie
yield: 1 serving (or 1 adult and 1 child)
Ingredients
-1 cup coconut milk (I'm still using up coconut-almond milk)
-1 cup frozen raspberries
-1 frozen banana (freeze them peeled if you remember!  Cutting and peeling frozen bananas is no fun)
-2 tsp coconut extract
-coconut flake to sprinkle on top


Directions:
Put everything (except coconut flakes) in a blender and blend until smooth.  This might be Luke's favorite part.  

My Thoughts
This was a middle of the road one for me.  It's the most I've enjoyed a smoothie with coconut milk so far but I didn't like it as much as the coconut milk-less ones a few weeks ago.   I wouldn't mind drinking it again if I ran out of other options or had the right ingredients on hand.  Like...if I had coconut milk I needed to use up (which might happen).  The coconut extract added a nice flavor and I've never had a bad raspberry smoothie.  Also, this might be the smallest yield we've had from a smoothie yet. 

And, as always.  Luke liked his "treat". 


 
Regardless of how good or bad the smoothies are, I really look forward to my sunny, Friday morning porch time with Luke while we share our treat.  It helps me get through the crazy days before. =)

Source

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: