Thursday, June 11, 2015

ICOTW: Coconut Pineapple Popsicles

With the garage sale, church festival, and a short lake trip, we weren't home much this weekend.  As we were throwing things together to head up to the lake Saturday morning (feeling fantastic after that beer tent) I randomly decided we'd make and eat our weekly ice cream (popsicles) at the lake.  We like to have treats up there.  (This is why I need to be able to run again.  I definitely consume more calories in the summer.)  Well, strangely, I mixed them up there...and then we didn't get to eating them and brought them home in the popsicle forms.  (Luke loves ice cream but he loves jet ski rides even more.)  We finally enjoyed them as a supper appetizer which was fine because they are pretty healthy.

Family porch popsicle time
Coconut Pineapple Popsicles
yield:  I had molds with me for 7 popsicles we still brought home some unused popsicle...mix?  I need to throw the rest in the freezer. 
Ingredients
-1 can of pineapple with juice or about 16oz fresh pineapple
-1 banana
-about 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
-1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions
Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.  Pour into molds and freeze until solid.

My Thoughts
These were good.  I liked them better than the last popsicles I made.  Good balance of flavors and the coconut milk added some nice creaminess.  Not overly sweet but not bitter either.  Luke loved his and was trying to mooch the rest of mine from me.  I like that he's easily satisfied with these healthy popsicles and this is one I'd definitely make for him again this summer!  Very easy and made a big batch for pretty cheap!  


Originally from AllRecipes via Tumblr

_____________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites!

No comments: