Monday, July 6, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: Red, White, and Blue Sangria

I found this on Pinterest as a Red, White, and Blue Sangria.  We drank it up at the lake a week before the 4th.  It's appropriate because it was almost the 4th.  Duh.


Red, White, and Blue Sangria
yield: 4-6 servings
Ingredients:
1 bottle white wine
1/2 cup Triple Sec
1/4 cup berry flavored vodka (I used raspberry)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup simple syrup
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen pineapple

Directions:
Mix everything together.  Let sit at least a few hours.  Enjoy!

My Thoughts:
Ok, look at the ingredients here.  Take a bottle of wine.  Add vodka and Triple Sec.  Because what wine needs is more alcohol.  It should be obvious...this is a strong drink.  I can take one serving at a time.  I mean, it was really delicious and everything added to it made the wine go down very easy.  I probably added too much fruit to mine and reduced my estimates for the above.  You can tell that's pretty much all that was left in the pitcher by the time I took this.  But I also ate all the fruit from my serving and plan to from the rest of the pitcher.

What I liked about this (besides the flavor) was that I had everything in the cupboard (even the wine which is rare) or freezer.  Made it very easy to mix up.  This would be a good thing to make for a 4th party.  The original recipe was doubled but myself alone definitely didn't need two bottles of wine plus added alcohol!   I would make this again. 

Source: XOImagine

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: