Monday, July 13, 2015

Mixed Drink Monday: Strawberries & Cream

Matt was off work the entire week before the 4th which was mostly awesome.  He got a lot of house stuff done, we spent a quiet Sunday night at the lake (know who's out on the lake on a Sunday evening or Monday morning?  Pretty much nobody), enjoyed a family trip to the zoo, and slept in most days (8am is now sleeping in).  It was lovely.  Luke and I mostly stuck to our normal routine since Matt was in the garage working much of the week but the one part we missed was our Friday smoothies.  It just didn't happen which is a shame because Matt probably would have enjoyed it too.

I understand the irony of using a disposable straw while reading a book call "Zero Waste Home".  Really, I get it. 
Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
yield: enough for each Luke and I, and the wall porch loveseat, and floor (apparently)
Ingredients
2 cups frozen strawberries
1/2 - 3/4 cup milk of choice (we used coconut)
generous squirt of honey

Directions
Put in blender and blend to desired consistency.

My Thoughts
Luke really loved this.  He declared it "yummy good" which is pretty much what he says about anything he's actually eating.  I thought it was good.  Not overly creamy with just strawberries and milk but still good.  I couldn't taste any of the coconut but that's fine.  Strawberry flavor was good.  We usually have frozen strawberries and coconut milk is now a summer staple for all these smoothies so this would be an easy enough one to make again, and we would if we ran out of new ones to try or whatever.   

Pretty much everything I've picked to make the rest of the month, ice cream, smoothie, and alcoholic, has strawberries...so you might want to stock up.  Just in case.  I probably should too.

modified from Averie Cooks

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: