Thursday, July 9, 2015

ICOTW: Peach Sangria Popsicles

So when we get a full day at home I usually want to bake or make something in the kitchen.  I have no good reason for it.  It's relaxing??  Sometimes this means cookies.  This particular day it meant sangria popsicles.  I had mixed up some (non-sangria) popsicles for Luke the day before so our freezer already had plenty but...I had (a variation of) all the ingredients so why not?


Peach Sangria Popsicles
yield: I got 6, depends on the size of your molds
Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups thinly sliced peaches (fresh or frozen)
-1/2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
-1/2 TB sugar
-1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 tsp white wine, divided
-1 1/2 TB peach schnapps

Directions:
1) Gently mix together about 1/2 cup of peach slices with the raspberries, sugar, and 1 1/2 tsp wine. Let sit at least 20 minutes.
2) In a blender, combine the rest of the peaches, 1/2 cup wine, and schnapps.  Blend until smooth.  Put a few peach slices and raspberries in each mold and top off with the blender mix.  Freeze until solid.

My Thoughts:
These were pretty much perfect.  The peach slices didn't make for the easiest eating so next time I might just stick to the whole raspberries and blend all the peaches.  I could definitely taste the wine but it wasn't overpowering by any means.  These are easy to mix up and enjoy during the week when you want just a little treat. I will definitely be making them again! 

Source (modified)

_____________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a different homemade ice cream each week and report back here, good or bad!  I call it "Ice Cream of the Week".  You can follow the "ICOTW" tag to see them all chronologically or go to my "Recipes" page and scroll down to the "Ice Cream/Frozen Things" section for my favorites!

No comments: