Monday, September 19, 2016

Mixed Drink Monday: Fresh Peach Margaritas

It's hard to go wrong with a good margarita.  These got bumped around in my drink schedule (doesn't everyone have one of those??  Mine at least isn't on a spreadsheet, which might be shocking to some people.  I do love a good spreadsheet.) when Aldi had peaches on sale a few weeks ago.  I made these and the Peach Champagne Sorbet I shared last week with those peaches and both were fantastic. 

Margaritas and summertime just seem to go together, especially when we just so happen to be eating tacos (coincidence that those happened at the same time) and were at the lake, where I do about 90% of my margarita drinking (which isn't saying much).  Summer is winding down (I think I've mentioned that in about every drink post lately) and berry season is pretty much over and our jet ski is home for the year (tear, from Luke and myself) but we should still have a few more weeks of decent weather ahead of us and then it's the holidays...and now I'm completely off track.  As sad as it is to see a wonderful season come to an end, I also like fall and am reminded of that every year.  So, make fresh peach margaritas while you still can!  And enjoy, lake front or not.

Note: these are not frozen margaritas unless you add a ton of ice.  I did add a whole sheet of ice cubes and it was pretty watered down but also stretched mine to three drinks...so just enjoy it non-frozen might be the lesson here unless you are really in the market for some weak drinks.


Fresh Peach Margaritas
yield: ~2 drinks
Ingredients
-3 ripe peaches, peeled and pitted (about 1 pound)
-2 ounces orange juice
-1½ TB powdered sugar
-½ cup tequila
-¼ cup lime juice
-¼ cup triple sec
-1 lime
-rimming salt
-ice

Directions
Put peaches, OJ, powdered sugar, tequila, lime juice, and triple sec in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add ice to your desired consistency.  Cut a wedge from a lime, run around the top of your glasses.  Rub top of glasses in a plate of salt.  Pour margarita into glass and top with lime wedge.  Enjoy!


Source: slightly modified from Baker by Nature

__________________________________________________________________________
In the summer I aim to make a new drink every week and share them all here, good or bad!  See them all in chronological order by following the "Mixed Drink Monday" tag here or check out my favorites by scrolling down to "Mixed Drink Monday" on my recipes page!

No comments: