Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Hawaiian Meatballs

Who doesn't love really easy dinners that take basically no prep, few ingredients and little time.  That's basically my ideal supper: something I can throw together super quick without a lot of stuff.  Even better if it goes in the crockpot because then I can throw it together when I'm still fresh and energized in the morning and then basically forget about it until supper time.  That really is my perfect meal.  We recently got something from our electric company telling us it only costs about 10 cents to run a crockpot for 8 hours.  So it's basically free cooking as well.

I used the crockpot all the time when I was working and it was rather amazing the number of times I came home to the smell of supper cooking, completely shocked since I had forgotten about starting it myself that morning.  My husband is good at grilling, as long as I buy the ingredients, so this is about as close as I get to having supper made for me without the hassle of going to a restaurant (is that a sure sign I'm a homebody when I'm not a huge fan of eating out?  Also, expense and calories.  But I'd be pretty happy with someone cooking for me, provided I don't have to change my clothes or leave my house...)

This is tasty and so easy to make.  Easy is the key word to this whole post.  It's hard to get much easier than this!  And also, tasty.  Who doesn't love meatballs (our kid, that's who although we can usually force a few down him, at least he does like green beans...with popcorn salt...)?  I love pineapple pizza and have a few more recipes coming in the next few weeks that feature pineapple, I had to make sure to spread them out so you didn't start wondering if we eat them in every meal...

You could make this much more complicated.  Make your own meatballs.  Make your own barbecue sauce.  Cut up a whole pineapple.  You could do all those things.  But I think I'm going to stick with the easy version.  And then I have more times for things like cookies or making ice cream from scratch.  Priorities people.


Hawaiian Meatballs
serves: about 6 adults
Ingredients
-32 ounces cooked meatballs
-1 can crushed pineapple (undrained)
~1 cup barbecue sauce (I don't measure, just squirt a bunch in)

Directions
Put everything in a crockpost.  Stir.  Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 7-9.  Serve!



Source: slightly modified from Lil Luna

No comments: